The Online Library
The Adelaide Theological Online Library never closes, so you can access e-books and journal articles when it’s convenient for you!
There are a lots of ways for you to find online resources.
- start at the FindIt@Flinders Search Page. You can then search Findit@Flinders, search a specific database or ejournal. Click here for tips on searching the catalogue.
- go to Periodicals and Journals and select an eJournal from the A-Z list.
- go to Finding articles and choose a database to search.
Note: if you are experiencing difficulty with Ebooks loading, try a different browser eg Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.
Accessing Electronic Resources
Search for your title and click “view online”. Check the Authenication notes. ATL library members can access titles which say “Access only available to Theology students and Adelaide Theological Library patrons”.
Click on the link above the Authenication note. You will be asked to enter your patron barcode (ATL patrons) or FAN and password (Flinders students). Note: students with new plastic Student ID cards will need to add ACD in front of their student number
eg ACD1505 or ACD20140052
What are ebooks?
- Books in electronic format that can be read online
- May be academic, peer reviewed and scholarly.
- Some ebooks require special apps or software to view them off line.
- The software and apps are freely available online to download to a home computer or device.
- You can’t download this software on the ATL computers but can always read the books online.
Information sheet: Using EBSCO Ebooks.
EBL ebook platform upgrade.
Some of our ebooks will soon be upgraded and will have a new interface. Check out this LibGuide for information on how to get the best out of your EBL ebooks
The new EBSCO Ebook Mobile App. is is now available!
The EBSCO eBooks app is available for:
- iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) from the iTunes app store
- Android devices from Google Play
- Kindle Fire and Nook devices from this FAQ
To find out more information, click here.